It seems like so many people out there share my love of Korean make up products, as the Trash, Treat or Stash posts became the most viewed on my blog. It was a massive surprise as I wasn't really sure if this was the right place for reviewing make up.
So, I thought I would make it a special edition this week and pick the overall category winners of all of the products that I've used over the past year and a half, done in the style of a fancy film award ceremony.
Let's start with my personal favourite category...
These are the products that were disappointing, a waste of money and just down right upsetting! Throw them away right now, and if you're thinking about buying them, think long and hard about it. I love Daiso, but sadly two of their beauty products ended up in the bin.
1. The biggest disappointment for me was definitely Tony Moly's Hello Bunny perfume stick. It looks beautiful but smells AWFUL. I still haven't managed to get the will power to throw this out as the packaging is too adorable. I may just have to leave it behind in my cold and empty apartment when I move out.
2. Again, these Daiso nail wraps would have been perfect if they had actually worked well. I love the design of them, and they're so cheap, but they have the after affect of looking like you suffer from severe anxiety and are constantly chewing on your nails. Thanks to Natasha for sharing this flop with us!
3. I have to be honest, I never really had high hopes for these Daiso nose strips. Having low expectations meant that it wasn't too disappointing when they proved to be the third most trashable product. They did absolutely nothing apart from comically hang off my face for the 15 minutes I was supposed to wear it.
These are the things that are pretty impressive, but because they're slightly over priced, or maybe not a daily product, I feel like you should treat yourself to every now and again. This turned out to be the most popular category, with 8 products, and the only category where an Etude House product wasn't in the top 3. Here they are...
1. Tony Moly's Kiss Kiss has to be my favourite discovery while I've been in Korea. I've sent numerous pots home as gifts and have gone out to buy myself another one (plus the lip scrub) to take home with me. I love that it's a lip balm and gloss all in one puckering pot.
2. The Argan Oil Hair Mask by Skin Food has lasted unbelievably long, even though I use massive splodges of it a couple of times a week. It leaves my hair feeling soft and smelling great and I really would recommend it to anyone with dry hair.
3. Purely for the novelty of the packaging I would buy this Tony Moly Red Apple Hand Cream again, or as a gift for someone else. Plus, it smells like real apples and doesn't leave your paws feeling greasy. I think it must be the fact that I don't eat enough veggies in Korea that I like to display make up products disguised as fruits and vegetables in my room (see the broccoli cleansing cream review here).
And Now Finally...
These are products that I am a massive fan girl for. I'd probably rather leave behind my shoes and clothes and replace my suitcase space with as many of these products that I can fit in. I think they're brilliantly packaged, amazing value for money and have really good performance. It's ok to be a hoarder of these products. Well done for Etude for scoring a hat trick here!
1. These Pearl Extract face masks are brilliant, infact ALL Korean face masks are brilliant. If only for the amusement factor that you look like a serial killer while you're wearing one. I think any Korean face mask is worth stocking up on, they're cheap, smell great, will give you and your friends something to laugh about and leave your skin feeling soft.
2. I'm not usually one to use a primer as I feel like it can sometimes make my make up look a little too thick, but Etude's Pore Ever is great. It left my skin feeling velvety soft but still breathable. Since this review I have also invested in the primer stick.
3. Rosy Tint I love how this product goes on, and the fact you can use it as lip or cheek tint. It also wears off really gradually. but it was the shade of Before Blossom that made this product wrestle itself into third place. It's so vivd and bright.
So that's the end of the Korean Trash, Treat or Stash. It's been a lot of fun having an excuse to go out and try new products. I'm putting this to rest for a while, but that's not to say that I won't start it up when I've settled into my new adventure.
In the meantime, you can win some of the things mentioned above in my Goodbye Korea Giveaway. Did you enter yet?